Can you believe it’s March already? Because we certainly can’t. With the past two months seeming to have flown by, it’s safe to say that 2020 is going as fast as Usain Bolt on Concorde. The speed which time passes can sometimes make it hard to find the motivation to do everything (or anything) on your to-do list. Some days we struggle to complete a task that we’ve been putting off for the past week, and other days we’ve ticked off everything on our to-do list by 10am. So, to help productivity become one of your friends, we’ve got five top tips to help you get through that to-do list:
1. The five-minute rule. Start off your morning by completing tasks that will take less than five minutes. Emptying the bins, folding freshly washed laundry or a quick spot of washing up is a great way to get you in the mood for the bigger items on your to-do list.
2. Take regular breaks. The thought of having a whole day of completing tasks can be daunting, so remember to treat yourself throughout the day to well-deserved breaks. Working in 90-minute slots ensures you don’t burn yourself out while still having the time to complete the larger chores.
3. Minimise distractions. When getting something done, try to limit the number of distractions around you. Why not put your phone in another room? You’ll find your productivity increases when you’re not checking every notification that flashes on your screen.
4. Create a comforting environment. Before starting any task, make sure you create a happy work space. Perhaps working by a window, having your perfect playlist on in the background, or making an all-important snack pile will encourage you throughout the day.
5. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. If you’ve hit a hurdle, or become overwhelmed by a certain task, it’s okay to ask somebody to help. More often than not, a task can be done quicker with more people on the case.
Do you have any advice on how to stay productive? Head on over to our social channels to share your tips!